
Former Haitian international and Mad About Fútbol personality George Metellus denied reports of accepting the Real Madrid sports director position.
"I emphatically deny accepting Florentino Pérez' offer to work with Real Madrid. I feel very comfortable whre I am at right now," said Metellus in his weekly Mad About Fútbol podcast when asked about the possibility of replacing Pedja Mijatovic in the event Florentino Pérez were to be elected in the upcoming club elections.
"I truly wanted to talk to (Florentino) and tell him personally that I will never work for Real Madrid. It is not because I do not think it is a great job to have, I just think at this stage in my life I have other plans. I wanted him to call me so I can tell him I was not interested in the job. He did exactly that." 
The former Arsenal man was a surprise to everyone as Zinedine Zidane was snubbed. rumored to leave the show after initial contacts were made, but he said he did not want to leave Miami because he did not want "to be too far from his significant other". Currently Metellus is also rumored to have a romance with sultry Colombian actress Sofía Vergara.
The Haitian community in Miami was up in arms saying that they could never see Metellus working for Los Blancos after years of playing for the blue and red of Haiti. He earned 67 caps for Haiti. He retired at a fairly young age to pursue a career in radio and has become a prominent personality at Mad About Fútbol. He recently signed an extension to a multi-million dollar deal to have him write exclusively and host the site's show.
Metellus established himself as a stalwart in the Haitian midfield. He played for a short while at Arsenal and was sold to the Miami Fusion for a keg of Guiness and some blue and yellow washcloths.



