Español
m

Exclusive interview with Sandro Rosell- pt.1

Posted by Juan Arango 5.26.2010

Barcelona candidate Sandro Rosell (SandroRosell.cat)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Simply Futbol was able to get an exclusive interview with Barcelona presidential candidate Sandro Rosell.   Rosell was part of that new generation of executive that ushered in this successful era at the Camp Nou.


Rosell was the engine behind the Joan Laporta campaign back in 2003.  He was also instrumental in using his leverage at Nike to help bring Ronaldinho to the blaugrana from Paris-St.Germain, thus truly beginning to revert their fortunes after six trophyless years.




In this first part, we spoke to Sandro regarding his past with the club. Also the legacy left by the group that he and Barca's "new breed" helped create. Obvious he will also talk about his platform as well as realities that the club needs to start facing in the very near future as we were one of the the only foreign outlets to speak with him prior to the upcoming June 13th elections. This is the first of two parts of an exclusive interview.




Juan Arango- In perspective, when you think about the times you were a ball boy in the Camp Nou, until today in which you are days away from an election that could find you as president of the club you love. What do you think?


Sandro Rosell- I think that a lot of my experiences give place to a long cule history, bulding a close bond with Barca as a part of myself and my personal history. In fact, when I was a child my father was a board member of Barca, and I was athletic vice-president from 2003 until 2005.


Now, along with a group of friends and excellent professionals who feel for Barca with the same intensity as I do, with great enthusiasm I lead a solid project for the future of the entity; Working along the line of commitment and the sense of responsibility.


Without a doubt, I am living a wonderful dream that I hope to transform into a reality on June 13th. And even after, I will continue to be another member, and proud to be it.


JA- In your opinion, What is the most important legacy that your group has left behind in FC Barcelona? AND what are some of the biggest changes you have seen in the club in the last decade?


SR- Barcelona has become one of the most important clubs in the world at all levels. The economic growth , and specially the athletic growth has been spectacular. And I would like to highlight two single accomplishments of great relevance, like the fight against violence in the stadium and the agreement with UNICEF.


But it is also truth that in the social and in the management level (In particular at the patrimonial level), Barcelona has important maladjustments in what is urgent acting and what forms part of the base of my electoral program.


In general lines, we still have a lot to do in order to face future challenges with success. In particular thinking in the Barca 2020 and our objective to turn the club into the best poli sport club in the world.


JA- Now speaking to Rosell, the candidate. What is your vision towards the future of the club in the member level?

SR- The members are the roots of Barca. In our project, we want to work in a social program that will vindicate the undisputable protagonism  of the members in the club.

As a fundamental aspect of our proposal, we want to democratize the Barca-member relationship, encouraging the participation, the information and decision of the member as a proprietary of the club. And in this aspect I would like to turn F.C. Barcelona as a world reference in administration and transparency.

The set of proposals directed at the members gathered in my program are the most important and transcendental parts of it; along with a set of detailed and ample proposals.

I am a member, and If I am elected, I will always remember that after my term I will be once again a member.

JA- Your best time in Barca?

SR- It is soon to come without a doubt. But I can imagine that moment If could see the members of the club happy. Happy for the athletic accomplishment, for their implication in the life of the club, for the evolution of the entity in the economic, institutional and international level.  Happy to see Barcalona in all aspects as the best club in the world. If I am elected president, I promise to work towards achieving this objective with all my efforts and determination. 




Check out part two tomorrow...

World Cup Commercials

Call Simply Futbol

SF Partners

Audio Player

Newsodrome

Newsodrome - Niche News, Top Stories